hello, my ears have been occluded from past 1 year and about a weak ago i was diagnosed with otosceloris. i just want to know my treatment options if there are any.


Posted by: S*********n , 21 years



  • User Avatar

    Dr. Ghulam Sughra

    General Physician - 7 years experience

    13 Aug, 2018

    Otosclerosis or otospongiosis is an abnormal growth of bone near the middle ear. It can result in hearing loss.
    There can be many treatment options but it depends upon condition such as mild otosclerosis can be treated with a hearing aid that amplifies sound, but surgery is often required. In a procedure known as a stapedectomy, a surgeon inserts a prosthetic device into the middle ear to bypass the abnormal bone and permit sound waves to travel to the inner ear and restore hearing.
    I would suggest you to call on myzindagi for live consultation so that we can evaluate for further guidance.
    In order to get prescription from our doctors, you either need to physically visit a doctor, or download the app to make FREE Video Consultation. Andriod:http://bit.ly/2nGJDs2 iOS: http://apple.co/2oGjdeE. To book an appointment call at 042 35852314 . All these services are free of cost.

    Referred Doctors

    User Avatar

    Dr. Salman Rabbani

    ENT Specialist , 12 years experience

    User Avatar

    Dr. Tahir Rashid

    ENT Specialist , 26 years experience


Download now to get FREE video consultation & more!